You can change recipes easily to make them more healthy.
- Use polyunsaturated fats. If cheese use half fat cheese
- Use herbs, spices, lemon juice, instead of salt which is bad for you
- Use artificial sweetener or add natural sugars from fruit e.g. dried apricots
- To make a recipe more healthy you can add fibre by adding fresh fruit and vegetables. Fibre stops constipation.
There are also some other ways to adapt recipes:
- Add more cereals and bulking goods e.g. more pasta and less sauce
- Use corn or TVP (textured vegetable protein)
Suit consumer demands
- Make vegetarian, make it dolphin friendly, no beef, not tested on animals