We have used a hurricane for this question.
The main points on how a hurricane occurs:
- A lot of heat is needed for hurricanes to occur therefore they usually occur over tropical seas
- The warm air rises which creates an area of low pressure
- The air cools after it has risen. This causes towering clouds and intense rainfall
- Air is sucked across the sea into the centre because of the low pressure
- Strong winds spiral upwards due to the earth's rotation
- The eye is caused by air rising and preventing air falling apart from in the middle
- General conditions of hurricanes: 75 mph winds | heavy rain | thunder | lightning | moving at 12 mph (slow moving and therefore predictable.