There are 5 main reasons why the leisure industry has grown so you will need to mention all 5 points and give a short explanation of each as follows:
- Increased leisure time - The number of hours in the working week have decreased. This means people have more time for leisure activities.
- Paid holidays - People no longer need to save up their income through unpaid holidays. Now people have that extra money to spend.
- More disposable income - People are paid more now so they are able to spend money on less important items like leisure activities.
- Improved transport - Transport has become cheaper, easier and faster. This makes it easier for people to get to leisure activities and means many more holidays can be taken abroad.
- Wider choice - There is now a wider choice of leisure activities so there is something for everyone to enjoy.